Paper Stone Scissors Pty Ltd (“PSS”), its subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate (together PSS, we or us) recognise the importance of protecting your privacy when dealing with your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and amended by the (Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (collectively referred to as the Privacy Act).
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
We collect personal information about our customers, prospective customers and users of http://paperstonescissors.com(the Website) which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities or where we are required to do so by law. Such personal information may include (but is not limited to):
– your name;
– the name of your employer;
– your address;
– your telephone number;
– your gender; and
– your email address.
We will not collect any personal information without your knowledge unless it is otherwise required or authorised by law and will not sell your personal information to any third parties.
Where lawful and practical, you have the right to remain anonymous or to make a use of a pseudonym. This however, may result in us not being able to provide you with access to some or all of our products and services.
Other information that we may collect about you, which is not personal information, may include:
– information you provide to us through our website or directly to PSS staff in relation to our products or services;
– your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and your preferred method of delivery (e.g. email, mail); and
– data relating to your access of our website including browser type and version, referring website address, domain name if applicable, and frequency of visits.
How we collect information
We generally obtain the above types of information from you when you enter the information via our Website (for example, when you submit an enquiry or request our products or services), over the telephone or from time to time when you enter into a contract with us or when you volunteer such information to us prior to PSS providing you with the products or services that you have requested.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes including, but not limited to:
– providing you with products and services you have requested from us
– answering any enquiries you may have;
– providing you with effective customer service;
– providing you with relevant information, including promotions, about the products and services that we offer;
– internal business purposes such as business planning and product development, and improving our marketing and promotional efforts;
– marketing our products and services to you;
– assessing the performance of our Website and to improve the operation of our Website;
– conducting business processing functions including providing personal information to our subsidiaries, related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
– for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research -purposes of us and our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
– providing your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
– updating our records and keeping your contact details up to date;
– processing and responding to any complaint made by you; and
– meeting legal or other regulatory obligations imposed on us.
We will not collect, hold, use or disclose your information for purposes unrelated to the any of the purposes mentioned above unless we first obtain your consent. We will always use fair and lawful means of collecting personal information.
Please note that for the purposes described above PSS may share personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, with our employees, our subsidiaries, our related bodies corporate and our suppliers and other trusted third parties (and each of their directors, employees and agents) in Australia.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
– we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
– we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want; or
– we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information if we have not requested it, or if we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, any of PSS’s functions or activities.
If you opted in to receive communication from PSS at the time of providing your personal information to us we will contact you by email or SMS from time to time with details of new products or services, or special offers or promotions related to our products and services.
We will send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We will remove your personal information from any PSS mailing list at your request.
You can cancel your subscription to a mailing list or opt out from receiving any communication from PSS at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Our Website may contain links to other websites. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party websites and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
– our employees, related bodies corporate and contractors for the purposes of the operation of our Website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you;
– our subsidiaries and their employees;
– our third party service providers, including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
– suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and/or
any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
PSS may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our subsidiaries or related bodies corporate within Australia.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
When you provide us with personal information, whether by using our products or services, using our Website or otherwise, you acknowledge and consent to us disclosing your personal information to a recipient located outside of Australia. We do have a subsidiary in Shanghai, China and may disclose personal information to our staff.
In certain circumstances, if your personal information is disclosed by us to an overseas recipient, you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act in the event that the overseas recipient handles your personal information in breach of the Privacy Act.
We also have rights pursuant to the Privacy Act to disclose your personal information an overseas recipient in the circumstances where:
– we reasonably believe that the overseas recipient is subject to a law or a binding scheme that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the way in which the Privacy Act seeks to protect same and you can access mechanisms to enforce the protection of your Personal Information under that law or that scheme; or
– the Disclosure is required or authorised by an Australian court or tribunal or under Australian law.
If we send Personal Information overseas, we will take steps which are both reasonable and practicable to ensure that the overseas recipient handles such information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Security and data quality
PSS takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including by means of firewalls, passwords, virus scanning tools and secure servers.
We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or when we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You may access your personal information held by PSS by making a request to us via the contact details listed below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. We may refuse to provide access to your personal information if your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others. If this happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not accessed improperly.
We may refuse to provide you with access to your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act, including but not limited to instances in which:
– we reasonably believe that giving you access to your personal information would pose a serious threat to the life or to the health and safety of any individual (including you);
– giving access to the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of any other individual;
– your request for access is frivolous or vexatious or giving such access will be unlawful.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time (and in any event within the time required by the Privacy Act, if applicable).
The Privacy Officer
Paper Stone Scissors Pty Ltd
174-176 Albert Street
Windsor VIC 3181
Tel: 03 9510 3216
Email: [email protected]
By accessing our website and/or providing information to us, you agree to the terms of this Policy. We may review and amend this Policy from time to time. Any updated versions of this Policy will be posted on our Website and will be effective from the date of posting. Any changes will be effective when posted on the Website. Your continued use of the Website will indicate your acceptance of any changes to the Policy. All personal information, collected both before and after any changes take effect, will be subject to the terms of the then current policy, for which you will be taken to have provided consent, unless you indicate otherwise by contacting the Privacy Officer as per the details in the paragraph above. We encourage you to refer back to this page and especially prior to providing us with any Personal Information.